Please read our policy on ‘Management of Children’s Behaviour’ for detailed information on behaviour management strategies.
The purpose of this policy is to outline the strategies which will be used by staff at Shorebreakers Kindergarten in managing children’s behaviour. The aim is to provide the children in our Centre with clear and consistent limits, appropriate strategies and positive guidance which will:
- Encourage and develop their ability to interact positively with others
- Learn to deal with conflict
- Develop and enhance positive self esteem, confidence and individuality
- Assist the child’s understanding of how their behaviour effects themselves and those around them
Ultimately for 3-5 year olds:
- Help them learn how to manage their own behaviour through self direction and self control and to help them understand, respect and appreciate others needs, rights and feelings.