Shorebreakers Kindergarten is a privately owned family business that aims to provide a premium Child Care Service that offers a high level of quality care that we believe to be second to none in the Bega Valley.
This is done by:
1. Providing a modern, purpose designed building and equipment which complies with Industry Best Practice Guidelines.
2. Employing well qualified, caring staff who are sympathetic to the needs of children and who have demonstrated qualities of working in a caring and competent way with children and their families.
3. To provide a premium early learning centre and child care service by implementing educational programs for long day care; pre-school and before and after school care that are judged by educational experts as providing children with the best possible base from which to move in to the formal education system.
4. Offering educationally appropriate programs and providing a comprehensive care service for children and parents, including the provision of all food and consumable items that the children need during their time in care.
5. Giving priority to children’s needs by ensuring that the social and emotional environment supports the provision of `Your Child’s Home Away From Home.’.
6. Being responsive to parent’s needs.
7. Supporting our staff in their endeavours to offer quality care by implementing Educator – student ratios that ensure high levels of care and supervision & encouraging them to undertake appropriate professional development activities.
8. Liaising with support groups catering for the needs of children with special learning needs.
9. Complying with all legislative requirements, i.e., NSW Early Childhood Education and Care Directorate (Quality Assessment & Regulation).
10. To implement business practices that ensure sustained economic viability of the service including charging appropriate fees/rates; carefully monitoring purchasing expenditure and ensuring `value for money’; maintaining appropriate financial records; monitoring and maintaining toy and equipment usage and maintenance & setting aside appropriate budget for toy & equipment maintenance & replacement.
11. Cleaning & maintaining the building to a standard that will withstand `open inspection’ at all times.