Please inform the Centre if your child will be absent as soon as possible. Under CCMS, each child is eligible for up to 42 days absences for each child per financial year without the need to provide documentation such as medical certificates.
All absences beyond the first 42 days will only be paid for as ‘additional absences’ if parents / guardians provide evidence that the absence has occurred under a permitted circumstance.
Additional absences include:
- an illness (with a medical certificate)
- an outbreak of infectious disease when the child is not immunised
- any other absences due to sickness of the child, a parent or sibling, supported by medical certificates
- a temporary closure of school or pupil free day
- a period of local emergency
- exceptional circumstances
Additional absences do not include public holidays. CCB will not be paid for public holidays if 42 absences have already been used. Shorebreakers Kindergarten does not charge families if your usual day of booked care falls on a public holiday.